1.25.2013

Hallie Says: Let's Do a Mini Bathroom Makeover

Something about a new year makes me want to redo everything in our home. I actually started my apartment makeover before the holidays because I couldn't stand to live in what looked like a college dorm room for one more second. 
 
My most recent undertaking was the bathroom counter. After we renovated the apartment (3 years ago) we moved back in and basically did nothing with any of the spaces. Who had the time or the money? I finally decided that when you are on a super limited budget you have to be smart about your projects and resources. I didn't need expensive pieces to make our space look chic - I just needed a little creativity and patience. (I'd like to add that patience is not one of my many virtues, just ask my husband.)
 
With the help of West Elm, a nice little sale and free shipping I managed to update and organize our bathroom counter for under $30. I'd like to add that we're not those people that have to keep every toiletry product on the counter top - we keep the necessities on hand and everything else in a cabinent. (Yep - including the mascara!)

Bathroom counter before
 
 
The finished product - everything is organized and I love how the silver detail on the trays and cup matches the grain in the marble and the monogramming on my towels!
 

No comments: